Monday, September 12, 2011

12092011

12:14

The insignificancy of your birthday strengthens every passing year. Every year the year seems to have passed with greater speed and you have barely have had your time to think about what has gone through in your life. The years passing by acting as the bricks we build our life on, we see the print of our own hands in each of them.

I tried to make the twentieth year of my life the most important year in my life. I think I succeeded. I think it couldn't have been any better. My family ties strengthened, I made an incredible amount of new friends, I rediscovered myself, I gained an amazing amount of confidence, I grew up as an independent man, I learned to love and be loved.

Gaining the ability to write was one of the most important things that I gained last year. I don't think I'll ever be able to explain it but writing here, on this wall of text, has improved the quality of my life significantly. I am able to see the fruits of my labor every day. I can witness first hand my own thoughts returning to me one by one, day by day, year by year.

A man will be satisfied with good by the fruit of his words,
         And the deeds of a man’s hands will return to him.
(-Proverbs 12:14)

I think I make my next year, my twenty-first year on this planet, ever better than my last one. I have never been so old - I have never felt so young.

.what do you seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment