Thursday, October 21, 2010

21102010

Someone.

As 'humble' as it sounds: I love being someone. I love what I've become in the past couple of years. I love being able to identify with the classic tale 'Ugly Duckling' by H.C. Andersen. Evolving from something small and puny to something I can feel great about simply fills my heart with joy. Just looking back on the things I've done, the friends I've made, the milestones I've achieved.
   A weird day to discover this feeling of achievement and importance. A basic hangover day on which I've managed to do nothing too important. The kickstart for this discovery must've been my hangover movie of choice: The Truman Show. What a cool movie. A man has to face a certain reality, a false one at that, and has to live by the restrictions that reality gives him. Not until he discovers the alternate reality, the real world, does he know what he's been missing. I've read some philosophy and I liked how the director put Plato's allegory of the cave on to the big screen and modernized its idea to the current day.
   Regardless, the feeling awoken in me by this movie was possibly caused by the main character, Truman Burbank who thought he was an ordinary person but instead was a worldwide-known TV-star. I think we all think of ourselves as ordinary people. What we don't know is that we are the superstars of our lives. No one else can plan the events of our own lives. The stage is ours - we just have to get on it.

.his mindset only knows how to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment