Tuesday, July 5, 2011

05072011

Zihuatanejo and generating electricity by happiness.



Emotions are like the blue tides in the ocean. They shift every once in a while and sometimes the currents change direction so strongly that it generates whirpools and tidal waves, which clash against the sturdy cliffs of our thoughts. The Zihuatanejo, the dream getaway, of my emotions resides somewhere inside the feeling of happiness. A place where I can abandon all my negative emotions and just let it be. 

And if we're happy enough, could we turn it into something that powers up our whole life? An electric power plant of emotions, a nuclear power plant of happiness. In my Zihuatanejo, there's no need for electricity because the happiness is ethereal. It just hangs about in the air like it never existed, even though it makes the whole place possible.

In the real world, I want to move to Zihuatanejo when I grow up to be an old man. An old man with some charm still left in his smile, some white left in his hair and some wisdowm left in his eyes. I will write a book when in Zihuatanejo. I have always wanted to write a book. A book about the world. And I know that when I have moved to Zihuatanejo, I have seen the world. My children are all living somewhere else and I am free of all my duties in terms of working. My wife, still as beautiful as though she were still in her twenties, smiling in a white summer dress, waving at the ocean because she always wanted to live by the sea. She just never told me so.

Taste the name Zihuatanejo in your mouth. It tastes like the most intricate perfection there is in this world. It tastes like my life.

"A little place right on the Pacific. You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That's where I'd like to finish out my life, Red. A warm place with no memory"
 
-Andy (Shawshank Redemption)

.vision quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment