Thursday, June 9, 2011

09062011

Beauty.

"There's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life." -Lester Burnham (American Beauty)

There are so many people in my life that I barely even notice. I have come to realize that they are ordinary to me. They could be special to someone but they are ordinary to me. These people I can enjoy myself with but who also bore me quite quickly. There's just so little in them.

Then there are the people who have had struggles in their life. The people who have fought for where they are now. It shines through them like the morning sun penetrates through the window blinds. These people are not ordinary. They do not bore me, no. They interest me and I would give my world to know them all over - of course being able to leave some room for secrets that I wouldn't know about them.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life - that's how the saying goes. If today is the day on which you were born, enter the world again. Do it every single year and rejoice all the beauty of this world. Today is your day.

Happy birthday.

.just live in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment